Monday, February 6, 2012

On Project Life

I was very excited when I arrived home from Israel, and saw my Project Life package waiting for me amongst all  the bills, E-mails, and paperwork.  I did tend to all of those other things, but not before I took a peek at my collection!  I chose the Clementine (for some reason my post is not linking to the picture) theme and I must admit that I am very pleased with the combination of colours. I got the core kit and the page pockets (though I made a mistake and didn't order the full package - grr!). I am waiting for the album to come back in stock and then I will get the rest of my page inserts.

As I mentioned in my previous post, this is something I have contemplated doing for a while now - at least a year - but was afraid it would just be added to my pile of 'unfinished' projects, or even worse, added to my pile of  'never started' projects. Just last year, or maybe the year before,  I signed up for an online course that other scrappers I know were doing - I downloaded and printed everything, ordered and bought the binder and didn't do a thing!!! So when one of these same friends said let's do this together, I hesitated but couldn't resist and jumped on the bandwagon.

 Project Life is about documenting our lives, the ordinary everyday stuff that we do - not the events, holidays, vacations, etc. that we all seem to find so easy to photograph and document - but rather the carpools, food shopping, meal preps, meetings, etc. These are the things we do all the time that are significant to our lives, but we don't feel the need to document.

Since I don't own an I-Phone, the hardest part for me so far is to remember to carry a camera.  I have had to resort to using my BlackBerry so I wouldn't miss out on pictures. I also thought I would have nothing to write about and would be struggling to fill my journal blocks - but I found that my days are full and there is much to say. Of course it's only week 1 so that may change as my weeks repeat themselves!  I am pretty pleased with my first official week even though I haven't decided for sure if this is in fact "Week 1".

I have decided that I will try to journal daily and print my pictures at the end of each week, when I can fill my pockets and do some embellishing. I don't know if I will do much more than what you see here, as the idea is to keep it simple and get it done,  but I can't help wanting to use up some of my stash. And of course I couldn't resist running to Stamping Bella to buy the latest Elle's Studio embellies specifically imported for this project!

Thanks to the other Project Life scrappers for their inspiration, and now that you all know I'm doing this, I guess I have to see it through!

The Project Life kind of day....

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the PL club, Sindi. Your first pages look great! It's very doable if you keep it simple most of the time and it's so much fun to look back at the end of the year. The next time you come to the store bring it with you...we love show and tell. LOL

    ReplyDelete