Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Getting It Together

As promised I have created a layout with the pictures from my Summer Sunset post. I used an adorable paper line that I picked up at Stamping Bella (my favourite place to shop and teach) called, "Sweet Summertime" from Echo Park Paper Co.  I do tend to use papers from the same line when I scrapbook because it's easy and I don't have to think as much.  I 'scrap lifted' (yes, I do!) this one from a layout in the June issue of Scrapbooks Etc. (page 24).  I stepped out of my box and created that flower from the papers which was a technique used in the layout.  I buy the magazines for ideas and new techniques but I so rarely try them.  It's actually a nice effect. One page layouts are also not my forte but sometimes it works. I think it needs ribbon - one of my favourite embellishments. Oh well, I shall self critique no more.

As for the rest of the day....  All was great until I decided that I needed to do some of the filing that I'd been ignoring.  You know the kind of stuff that takes 1 minute if you do it right away but 2 hours when you leave it for like forever. Yes hubby, I do mean 'like' forever!!!!  What was I thinking? I planned to do more layouts.  I think the two martinis I consumed clouded my judgement.

I went from doing this...

to dealing with this.

The sad thing is, I didn't even finish.  The rest is neatly piled in an 'in box' for when my son comes home from camp. I just couldn't deal with having to find new homes for some things.  I did clear some piles on my floor and in the space that usually holds my paper! The joke is that when I'm not scrapping, blogging or chauffeuring children around, my part time job is an administrator! 

The organizing kind of day...

1 comment:

  1. Sindi.....so loving the way your blog looks.....how do I get two pics side by side....and just start writing about your day in your moleskin.....

    ReplyDelete