Friday, July 30, 2010

Getting it Done

It is now 1:34 pm on Friday afternoon and I am still in the process of getting it done!  That was my motto for the day.  I was going to achieve great things today - I was going to forgo the sunshine and just get it done.  What exactly was I going to achieve?  Way more than is realistically possible but here is the list:

  1.  Start my art journal
  2.  Finish my Solelim Layout as promised
  3.  Print pictures for a layout
  4.  Create a new layout - double page 
  5.  Post on my blog - so many ideas!
  6.  Read my new book about journaling - how can I just do it - got to know the 'how'!
  7.  Work on an album I have to deliver soon
  8.  Sit in the sun
So here's what I did:

This is my first attempt at my art journal - don't look too closely!  I feel so silly.  My kids will hate me for this - the sexy is so big! Sorry kids, but what's wrong with me feeling good about myself at the ripe old age of 43 - it took me a long time to be comfortable saying that.  Don't wait so long.  It needs colour desperately, but I didn't think I would want to get so into it.  Now I do!  Dena - help!! It looks like I'll have to take Emily's class (lol).  I want you to know I thought about how this first 'title' page would look all night long! Clearly it's not done yet.  Number 1 - done.   

Here is the layout - I used the new Basic Grey Oliver line and October Afternoon 'thrift shop'. I did borrow the basics of this layout from a layout in Scrapbooks Etc. August issue (page 30).  I'm sure I did something like this myself once - but why copy my own layouts? Oh, and I finally used the Slice that I borrowed from my friend.  It only took me a month. That's how I cut out the title and I did like using it - the my boy part is a sticker.  Number 2 - done.
Couldn't print pictures for my layout because I'm out of ink and at the cottage.  I'm determined to do it because I brought up all the elements.  So, off to Barrie I go! 
Number 3 and 4 - not done.

Number 5 - in progress.    Number 6 - in progress - which is why my journal looks so blah. Number 7 - not even close to doing anything, but the suns not out, so lots of time!  Number 8 - that would be a negative!

So here is Number 10 - get out of my pyjamas and go to Barrie.

The getting it done kind of day....


2 comments:

  1. Oh, oh...another one going over to the dark side of art journaling. LOL. Look out...there are lots of goodies to buy to make your journal beautiful. (according to Emily and Dena). If your blog is any example, I'd say you're already good at the journaling part...it's fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you used the Slice! - that would be much easier at the cottage. Loving the blog - I am impressed to see 6 posts!

    ReplyDelete