Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's official, I'm a blogger(I hope that's the right term)! I've been contemplating this for months and I finally got up the nerve to "just do it" as they say in Nike-land. A little rain at the cottage helped push me to get started. I'm excited and I have a whole host of topics I want to explore.

First of all the name for my blog, which was the main reason I did nothing for so long, the stress of being clever and creative and finding something that no one has used was paralyzing. But it's done, and now the next obstacle - can I be clever and creative like so many of you out there? Invariably, that remains to be seen - I will let you be the judge.

How I came up with my name? I am a CTV late night news watcher and an admirer of Lloyd Robertson, who is retiring shortly and I love the way he signs off every news cast "and that's the kind of day it's been, this......" I wanted something that I could end each posting with and I wanted something that didn't pigeon hole me as a mom and a scrapbooker in spite of the fact that this is what I am. Not that I'm not proud of both, but I wanted to appeal to a wide range of followers. So I didn't want to choose anything cutesy or artsy. In the end of course - you will mostly find me blogging about my family and my scrapbooking, but it's really about life in general. The good, the bad and the ugly (cue the whistling, as per hubby's directive) - now that would have been a great name!! Although I'm sure it's taken.

Ok, here's my other fear - verbal diarrhea! I'm going to end this post here and go figure out what pictures I want to post, layouts, etc. before I send out any official announcement. So for those who may be among my first followers - be gentle! I'm so green and we of the Sesame Street generation know "it's not easy being green".

The kind of day...

1 comment:

  1. love love your blog....well done! Can't wait to see layouts.

    ReplyDelete