Monday, August 9, 2010

Home Coming #1

This is it, the beginning of the end of 'three-less'.  Oldest daughter came home from Israel today with a beautiful smile full of happiness and contentment (although I know there is a touch of sadness because she actually had to come home), a great tan and some wonderful stories.  This was her first trip to Israel and I can't wait to see some of the 3800 pictures she took and hear the adventures that go with them. There is nothing like the glow of that first experience in the holy land, it stays with you for a long time and leaves you wanting to return.  

So with the return of oldest daughter (and three friends) it all begins - the grocery shopping- I already spent $146, the cooking - Daddy made steaks, sweet potatoes and chicken rice, the laundry - load number one is in, and the revelations - I got a belly pierce, but at least it's not a tattoo (that's how she made it seem better) and it's not an eyebrow pierce, which I totally hate! Oh well, she's only been talking about it for about 2 years or more, and 17 is better than 15 (I think). Not sure if hubby will feel the same - I better tell him before he reads it here.  

I'll post some more pics later - maybe some comparisons of me and her in the same place but 26 years apart.  Here she is on her free weekend at our friend's house - she's still sporting that smile.

The homecoming kind of day...

1 comment:

  1. This reminded me of all the times my kids did stuff (like getting an ear pierced) and I had to break the news to my husband and calm him down before he saw them. It seemed like such a big deal at the time...now it's just a small memory. 3800 pictures...wow!

    ReplyDelete