Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer Reading

What a crazy week!  If you've been following you know that oldest daughter came home with friends, although we've hardly seen her - she's been quite busy, which is fine because I had to work and then I taught two classes this week.  Late nights, early mornings and little time to do much, but I decided I needed to be creative and post, so I quickly took a picture this morning and did this layout that I was planning since last summer!  It actually fell into place easily as soon as I saw a layout in Creating Keepsakes September issue that I liked and rediscovered the paper I used from Stampin' Up.  I took the picture of me reading last year, and the picture of the books today.   I am an avid reader and always have been but summer is when I really dig into my books.  I will read constantly, every free moment I have and as soon as I finish one book I'm on to the next.  It is incredible that I actually managed to read so many books, considering I work 2.5 days a week and teach my classes and all the other stuff of life.  But the truth is I have decided that I have to find the time to enjoy a good book (good is the key - I hate when I don't like one because I'm the type of person that will stick it out), even it's only a few pages every day.  I also get to read on the subway now which is a bonus 40 minutes on the days I work.  One of the few reasons I actually don't mind using public transportation - something I couldn't do in the car (well at least not safely)! So here is the only issue I'm having - all of my good friends who used to trade books with me have turned to the other side and have given up actual physical books in favour of the electronic versions.  Thank goodness my mother still buys books!  I have to admit I have been toying with the idea, but have yet to make the plunge - so many options.  
this?

this?


or this???
The debate rages on! I'm leaning towards saving for option 3 - going with Apple products all the way, maybe I'll even give up my Blackberry - not soooo fast.  First I need to learn how to use all the gadgets I have now before I pick up anything else that's new.  Maybe if I put my books down once and a while I might have the time, but for now I will just enjoy...

The reading kind of day...

No comments:

Post a Comment